Friday, October 16, 2009

See you in hell, my friend...

I remember back in and around 2002 I saw CKY 4: Latest & Greatest. You know, the collection of clips of Bam and company pulling pranks and then random shots of Mr. Margera skateboarding around town, blah blah blah. Anyway, that video introduced me to the cheesy awesomeness that is Grim Reaper. In a scene where Bam, Raab, and Chris dig a hole in the backyard, cover it with leaves, and then wait on the roof to watch Phil Margera, Bam's dad, cut the lawn, 'See You In Hell' by Grim Reaper plays and it just made it so much more effective.



It's at the 1:30 mark.

I've been listening to Grim Reaper a lot lately. I listened to the song 'See You in Hell' to death after I heard it in CKY 4 and kind of forgot about the band. Now they're basically on repeat, whether I'm on my bike or getting up in the morning. Totally righteous jams.



In actuality I first heard the song on Beavis and Butthead during the video commentary part of the show but the song didn't stick too much with me. I only know I saw it because I've seen every episode of the show.



The best part is definitely "Look at his face!". It gets me every time. So yeah, now I have all of their albums and all three are a Dio kind of awesome.



Storming the castle in a riverboat-tank? Torches? Leather armor? A werewolf-man? And of course, the Grim Reaper in the, uh, flesh. How ri-goddamn-diculous can you get?!?

No comments: