Bought at Crosstown Traffic for $1 each!
Over the Edge Original Soundtrack: The film starred a young Matt Dillon in his first film role...this movie is awesome and kind of incredibly sad.
I remember watching this for the first time when I was around 15 or so...I was in the States and it was on late-night HBO. I taped it off TV but unfortunately missed the first two minutes and the tape cut-out eventually and missed the last ten. So for years I had this bummer of a copy; this was before Ebay and torrenting. The movie was out of print and whenever I could find a copy for sale online, it was either a bastardized copy of a copy someone had made or it was astronomically expensive. Eventually, I got a sweet DVD copy of the movie (and still can't bear to tape over/throw out my HBO original) and now, I have a sweet copy of the soundtrack.
Side one
"Surrender" – Cheap Trick
"My Best Friend's Girl" – The Cars
"You Really Got Me" – Van Halen
"Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace" – Cheap Trick
"Come On (Part 1)" – Jimi Hendrix
Side two
"Just What I Needed" – The Cars
"Hello There" – Cheap Trick
"Teenage Lobotomy" – Ramones
"Downed" – Cheap Trick
"All That You Dream" – Little Feat
"Ooh Child" – Valerie Carter
Starts and ends with two of the best songs ever recorded and the rest of it is just gravy as well.
Not much to say about Romeo Void, really. I have their album "Warm in Your Coat" and it's pretty rad. Haven't heard this one, so I figured, $1...whatever. Honestly, the only reason they got on my radar is because of their song "Never Say Never", which is a hot song, but more importantly, it was featured in one of my absolute favorite movies, Reckless (1984).
Such a great movie; Aidan Quinn is brutally hot, Daryl Hannah is a vision and it's a great story of a tortured boy from the wrong side of the tracks who gets it on and falls in love with a confused teen girl, who is rich and dating a douche. The movie also featured Kim Wilde's "Kids in America" (which is such a great song) in one of my favorite scenes of the movie - click click click!
So, yeah, I'm happy with my purchases ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment